The man runs to the cage, hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the man returns her to her terrified parents.
A New York Times reporter has seen the whole scene and says to the rescuer. “Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in my whole life,” he says.
“Why, it was nothing,” the man says. “Really, the lion was behind bars and I knew God would protect me just as He did Daniel in the lion's den long, long ago. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt was right.”
“I noticed a bible in your pocket -- are you a republican?” asked the journalist.
“Yes, and I'm a christian on my way to a bible study,” the man replies.
“Well, I'll make sure this act won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist and tomorrow's paper will have this on the front page,” he says before leaving.
The following morning the man buys a copy of the New York Times to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads on first page:
“Right Wing Republican Christian Fundamentalist Assaults African Immigrant and Steals His Lunch.”
No comments:
Post a Comment