2009-04-04

Saving Par

Two friends were on the 18th hole at their favourite course. The first one on the tee said: "If I par this hole, I finally break 100!"
Instead of laying up, he proceeded to take a massive swing, hoping to hit the ball past a huge ravine 250 yards away. Sadly, his ball landed directly into that same ravine. Not wanting to give up a stroke, he decided to go down there and hack it out and, with some luck, still manage a par. Deciding on a seven iron over the safer nine iron, the man tramped down into the ravine and, after much searching, finally located his ball. Sadly, his ball lay next to a skeleton of another golfer who had obviously died down there.
Yelling up to his friend, the guy said: "You won't believe this. I found a dead body next to my ball! The poor soul is just laying here, and with a seven iron in his hand too. I guess he had a heart attack or something."
His friend up above yelled down saying: "That's terrible! What do you want to do?"
At which point, the friend in the ravine responded: "Send me down the nine iron. Obviously, the seven iron won't get me out of here!"

No comments: